Structure (( Mariot))
In the framework of the bills nutrients Minor and the problems of plant nutrition in Egypt and the rational use of fertilizers, which began in 1976 and on the basis of the establishment of a laboratory Mariot for soil analysis and plant in 1977 to provide agricultural services to Mzaraeiin and agricultural companies, investors and services include the following:.
- Field inspections and data collection at the farm level.
- diagnose the nutritional status and identification of production problems.
- sampling of soil, vegetation, water and fertilizer for analysis (full analysis of a comprehensive physical and chemical characteristics of soil and content of both soil and plant nutrients from the Greater and Lesser).
- Conduct inventory of food for the soil and plants.
- Preparation of fertilizer recommendations (major elements and minor) in the light of actual needs of each crop (type - type - area).
- the provision of fertilizer micronutrients necessary to implement the recommendation and the fertilizer produced by the unit fertilizer production project in Cairo.
- Follow up the implementation of programs and fertilizer recommendations.
- Conducting studies and academic and applied research and extension needed to treat the problems of plant nutrition.
- the organization and preparation and implementation of training courses under these programs.
City plant is located Amiriya - Alexandria desert 34 km Alexandria - Cairo at the International Training.
The activities of the plant since 1977 - 2009:
1 - the first phase from 1977 to 1981
- - Processing Laboratory (equipment - Hardware - individuals).
- - Training of researchers.
- - An inventory of a food areas of operation of the project (field and horticultural crops) in the provinces of
(Alexandria - lake - Kafr el-Sheikh - Matruh - Alexandria Desert Road / Cairo).
- Extensive field studies for the treatment of lack of micronutrients and nutrition integrated (individuals - agricultural companies and public and private - investors).
The second phase from 1982 to 1985.
- Expanding the application of the recommendations that have been reached in the first phase.
- - Completion of field studies.
- - Training of agricultural extension workers and farmers.
- - Personnel training labs and researchers abroad.
The third phase (1986 - 1990)
- - The provision of aid activities for a project activity rationalize the use of fertilizers by local and external training and to issue technical bulletins.
- - Support for regional laboratories and increase the efficiency of its staff.
- - Service development projects, agricultural areas of the project.
- - Preparation and development of fertilizer recommendations for all crops (field - vegetables - fruit).
Phase IV (1990 - 2010)
- - Development of methods of soil and plant analysis and continuously updated.
- - Participation in the Quality Systems Analysis (Netherlands).
- - Development and modernization of fertilizer recommendations for all crops.
- - Develop and test compounds foliar fertilizers and micronutrients.
- - Continuing to conduct field tests and research to solve production problems.
Laboratory capabilities: -
- • Laboratory is equipped with the latest equipment necessary to conduct tests and analysis with high efficiency.
- The selection of laboratory specialists have been trained at home and abroad at a high level of competence and experience.
- the use of standard methods of analysis and consolidated.
- elaborate administrative system to ensure proper functioning and exit results timely and accurately.
- Since the establishment of the plant and the plant has yet to take and analyze more than 80 000 soil samples and plant, water, fertilizer and service about 100 000 acres.
- Work is still underway lab to serve all farmers to promote agricultural production and quality as the aim of increasing the income of farmers.